Thursday, February 12, 2015

Starting 21 Day Fix EXTREME



After reading all the information given to me in the 21 Day Fix EXTREME program I could see that this program is slightly different than the original 21 Day Fix. My first step was to determine my calorie target using the calculation in the book. This is different than the original program because I have three columns to choose from compared to only one. Autumn breaks it out by your daily activity to help determine how many calories you will need, thus how much food needed to consume during the day to fuel the body and burn fat.

To Calculate you Caloric Baseline you first need to determine what lifestyle you fit into. Are you in the Sedentary Lifestyle, Moderate Lifestyle or Active Lifestyle. When calculating do not include your 21 Day Fix EXTREME workouts into your activity lifestyle. You will want to recalculate your calorie target with each round of the program.

Sedentary Lifestyle: Desk job, lots of TV time.
Moderate Lifestyle: Light housework, on your feet part of the day.
Active Lifestyle: Manual labor, on your feet all day.

21 Day Fix EXTREME Calorie Target Calculation

Complete step (B) and (C) to get your baseline calorie target. Now that you have a number plug it into the calorie chart to see how much food you will need to eat throughout the day. I will be in the 2nd column 1500-1799 so I will need to have in my meal plan (4) Green, (3) Purple, (4) Red, (3) Yellow, (1) Blue, (1) Orange and (4) Spoons. WOW, that's a lot of food and more than I had to eat doing the original 21 Day Fix program. My first thought is that there is NO WAY I can eat this much. Heck I had trouble getting all my containers down in the 21 Day Fix how am I going to do this? The book says that  need to eat every 2 hours for my calorie intake and no carbohydrates after 6:00 p.m. I am going to add times to my weekly meal plan and see if this helps me know WHEN to eat. I decided that if I start with my breakfast at 7:30 a.m. I will be able to finish my day at 5:30 p.m.

Breakfast - 7:30 a.m.
Snack #1 - 9:30 a.m.
Lunch - 11:30 a.m.
Snack #2 - 1:30 p.m.
Snack #2 - 3:30 p.m.
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. 

 21 Day Fix EXTREME Calorie Chart
21 Day Fix EXTREME Calorie Chart

I used some of my meals and snacks that I enjoyed on the 21 Day Fix and evolved from there. I know that using a meal plan will give me a higher success rate and confirm that I get all these colored containers down that are required. To be honest I spent over 2 hours working on my meal planning and still I feel like I want to adjust. I truly believe that this will get easier as I go farther in this program and I will be able to copy and paste my meals that worked for me as well as add new ones. If you would like to follow my journey I would love the support.


Would you like to be among the FIRST to get results using the NEW 21 Day Fix EXTREME? Are you interested in joining my Online Challenge Group that will gives support, guidance, recipes and Nutrition/Fitness tips? Please follow these two steps and let's get STARTED and get healthy together!!
1.) Sign up to make me your FREE Beachbody Coach
2.) Send me a friend request on Facebook, and shoot me a message letting me know you're ready to get EXTREME!!


Kristen Johnson 

Independent Emerald Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment