Wednesday, October 15, 2014

21 Day Fix Homemade Humus


In the Johnson house we try to eat clean and choose healthy snacks. I am always combining complex carbs with protein and humus just happens to be one of my favorite protein snack options. As much as I love humus it can get costly and I'm not completely confident what is in my store bought humus. Since I am using the 21 Day Fix and PiYo programs I want to make certain I stay within the food guidelines. I decided to try out a easy recipe and adjust to my preferences and make kid friendly and husband approved. I found ALL ingredients at our local Publix. Now to make my very own homemade humus!

Homemade Humus



Ingredients:
2 cans of chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans
2/3 cup Tahini
4 tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
Dash Garlic Salt
1/2 cup Water

Chickpeas aka Garbanzo beans
Tahini being added

Add 1/2 cup water or until mixture is at the consistency you prefer. I enjoy my humus like cake batter so I tend to add more water. Blend together and adjust ingredients to taste. Enjoy!


I was able to refrigerate 2 containers of humus with this recipe.

I found that I will be saving money and will have more control over what I put into my body by making homemade humus. The Tahini was the most expensive item but I only used a 1/4 of the bottle which allows me to make a ton of humus in the upcoming months. This will be a healthy protein snack and will be 21 Day Fix and PiYo approved. I love eating clean and discovering easy recipes that are kid friendly and husband approved.


Are you ready to get Healthy for the Holiday? 
If the answer is yes then create a FREE  Team Beachbody Account. When completed send me a private message on Facebook so we can get you started. 

I would love to have you in my Challenge Group. The group will be a small number of individuals who are ready to commit.  I will be there to walk you through the nutrition plan, to teach you how to plan it out, how to make it work for your lifestyle and to keep you accountable. We will have fun activities to keep us all engaged on our journey!

The group is done through an online closed support group. That means that no one but the members of the group can see what is being posted.  I won't let you fail!  If you invest in me, then I will invest in you!  The only cost is the cost of the challenge pack which includes everything you need to get started.  With me as your Coach you will get accountability, support and guidance!!!  Let's make it happen!  You are going to look amazing for the holidays!  

Kristen Johnson 

Independent Emerald Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment