Tuesday, September 30, 2014

21 Day Fix Meal Prepping Ideas


When I started my very first round of the 21 Day Fix I was surprised at how much food I ate during the day.  I was disappointed when I first opened my Beachbody box. I decided that there must be something to it or the program wouldn't be so successful. I sat down and read all the booklets that came with the program and started in on my meal plan for the week. Since the containers are color coded I decided to make my meal plan color coded to mirror the same colors for that item of food. What did I discover? That I have to eat a lot of food in ONE DAY! Those little colored containers are VERY misleading.

Now that I have my meal plan drawn out the next step is to prep my food. I noticed that a lot of challengers and coaches used plastic bags or clear Tupperware for their portioned out meals.
NOTE: To be honest I did better when I wrote my meal plan up and prepped the food on Sunday instead of waiting to the day of.

Since I organized and started thinking in colors for my required food groups it became hard to determine what to pull out of the fridge. Do I pull (red) protein or do I need a (purple) fruit. I started a mission to find other options so I can maintain consistency and stay in the color theme. This is what I discovered.


Bags can be bought at Target

I found these colored bags at our local Target store. They are perfect for on the go snacks! They come in red, yellow, green and blue. Check them out and see what you think.



21 Day Fix snacks

If you are like me you will have plastic Tupperware all over your kitchen and always misplacing lids. I started thinking how cool it would be to find a carousel that could hold my plastic containers. So my mission continued until I located not only a carousel but a 49 piece rotating food storage set.

Storage set purchased at Family Dollar

Now all I need to do is portion out my food on Sunday during meal prepping and store in either colored bags or colored storage containers. This has helped tremendously with efficiency and organization in my kitchen and household. I hope this helps you and your success with the 21 Day Fix Program.

No Assembly required and it spins!





Kristen Johnson 

Independent Emerald Beachbody Coach


No comments:

Post a Comment